The Zen Mining Equipment Training Simulator imparts basic and advanced skills required to operate the mining equipment in challenging environment. The simulator has different training lessons for new, experienced and out-of-touch operators, supervisors and trainers.
The Mining Simulator comprises Equipment Simulator and Conversion Kits. Equipment Simulator is a software-based Instructor Station which controls Conversion Kits. Conversion Kits are cabins of mining equipment like Dumpers, Excavators, Dozers.
The Mining Simulator uses 3D computer generated imagery and simulates realistic motion feel, visuals and sounds. The training progresses from equipment familiarization to advanced levels of training and testing under complex driving scenarios. The simulator also has features for interactive fault-finding and rectification.
Conversion Kits look and function almost like their originals. They have the same set of controls, ergonomics and transmission systems. Conversion Kit is mounted on a Motion Platform which provides six Degrees of Freedom of motion. Conversion kits are made for Dumpers, Shovels, Excavators, Dozer and other mining equipment. Stand alone Dumper Simulators, Excavator Simulators, Dozer Simulators, Shovel Simulators with motion platform are also manufactured.
The Mining Simulator can support independent as well as simultaneous operation of up to 10 Conversion Kits. These kits can be of different categories and can be connected to one Equipment Simulator. Such a configuration facilitates simultaneous training of operators of different equipments, skill sets, experience and category.
Zen Driving Aptitude Testing System (ZEN DATS™):
Mining Simulator Components:
- Equipment Simulator: This main system controls Instructor Station and Conversion Kits
- Conversion Kit: This is an Operator’s Cabin of the mining equipment. The kit can be mounted on a Motion Platform. All controls, instruments and transmission systems available in the cabin are replicated or originals are provided.
- Motion Platform: Works on six Degrees of Freedom for realistic sense of motion. Six DOF motion are Heave, Roll, Pitch, Yaw, Sway and Surge.
- Projection System: Three projectors are provided for the 180 degree view of scenarios and two for the rear view. The Projection System is given to all Conversion Kits for independent and simultaneous operation.
- Audio System: The high-quality system provides realistic sound effects and allows two-way communication between Trainee and Trainer.