Interactive Controls Familiarisation
- Instruments, indicators and gauges.
Starting Drills & Procedures
- Battery (normal) start.
- Air start.
- Combined starting.
- Operation accelerator, clutch, brakes and gears.
- Basic driving on plain terrain.
- Day & Night Driving.
- Obstacle Negotiation.
- Trench crossing.
- Vertical obstacles (less than 1 mtr height).
- Crossing of bridges including BLT laid bridges.
- Loading & Unloading of tank.
- Tank transporter trailer.
- Railway rolling stock.
- Advance driving training.
- Driving in desert terrains.
- Driving in built up areas.
- Shallow and deep fording.
- Navigation with gyro indicator.
Stopping Drills & Procedures
The ZEN Tank T-72 Driving Simulator (ZEN T72 DS) is configured as a containerised simulator for easy transportation and easy start up. It can be provided as a fixed installation if desired. The simulator consists of the following major components:
- Instructor Station:
- Instructor operating console with multiple displays for trainee monitoring.
- Intercom Unit.
- Computer systems rack.
- Power conditioning equipment.
- Motion platform control unit.
- Driver Station:
- Driver compartment mock-up.
- OTW display system for view through main periscope.
- Adjustable driver seat.
- All operational driver controls.
- Indicators, instruments and gauges.
- Intercom Unit.
- Motion Platform:
- 6 DoF electric motion platform.
- Provides realistic motion feel during driving through rotation and translation motion controls.
- 30 KVA, 3 Phase, 220 V Ph-N, 50Hz diesel generator set
The following main software components of the ZEN T-72 DS work together to provide a reliable training environment for driver trainees:
The Instructor Station software provides for all instructor functions through
- An intuitive, easy to use GUI.
- Display of driver compartment control status.
- Session control.
- Terrain/exercise selection.
- Insertion/removal of faults.
- After Action Review.
- Trainee records, performance evaluation and report generation.
- System health check.
The Visual System software generates realistic visuals using
- Several 3D terrains including plains, desert etc.
- 3D modeled terrain objects and model library.
- Environmental controls: ambient light as per time of day.
- Realistic smoke and dust generation.
The Input/Output System software takes the trainee into the loop by
- Sensing all controls operations.
- Provide all system interlocks.
- Implement realistic mathematical models for various automotive elements of the tank.
- Generate output signals for all indicators, meters and gauges.
- Generate motion cues.
The Audio System software generates realistic aural inputs that the driver hears while in the driver compartment.
The ZEN T-72 DS is designed for quick integration with the gunnery simulator for tank T-72 (ZEN T-72 GS) or the crew gunnery simulator for the tank (ZEN T-72 CGS). This allows for integrated training of the tank crew in combat situations.
The modular nature of all components of the ZEN T-72 DS allow immense flexibility and we offer customized simulators for all variants of driving simulators for this series of armoured vehicles as well as for user specified vehicles.
The ZEN T-72 DS is backed by more than 15 years of experience in development of simulators to meet operator-training needs for a wide range of vehicular equipment. The simulator is characterized by emphasis on essential training elements.
Our design, product engineering and after sales service assure users of a high MTBF and a low MTTR, in order that high simulator availability is ensured.