The special ICV / APC driver training simulator replicates all the ergonomics of driver cabin, look and feel of the driver’s controls, indicators, viewing devices and instrument panels of a standard Infantry Combat Vehicle. It has been configured for BMP II and can be converted to any make of ICV.
The ICV / APC simulator develops trainee skills through comprehensive, preparatory, starting and stopping procedures, and, basic and advanced driving skills. Special exercises prepare drivers for loading / unloading on trailer / train / rolling stock, and floatation manoeuvres.
Zen BMP II Driving Simulator has comprehensive 3D CGI visuals for training in varied terrains and visibility. A 6 DoF Motion Platform, driven by synchronized terrain and vehicle dynamics, provides the motion feel that the trainee is expected to experience when he is in a similar driving environment in training or operation.
The training simulator has an Instructor Station for preparation, observation, administration and evaluation of trainees. The Instructor Station is equipped with four monitors displaying the status of system, driver’s front view, 3-D stealth, scheme of the course and the Driver Station’s camera view. A high-quality audio system ensures communication between instructor and driver. UPS units serve as back-up for power cut.
The Mechanized Infantry Training schedule for special drivers can completely and realistically be carried out in this simulator. The wear and tear, repair, maintenance and fuel expenditure of original vehicles are drastically reduced. The conservation of main equipment and the added benefit of safety make it versatile.
BMP II Driving Simulator Key Features:
- Individual training is controlled by Instructor.
- Motion Platform provides realistic motion feel.
- Driver Cabin has all the controls, devices and indicators the original vehicle has.
- Realistic battlefield conditions are simulated.
- Scenarios are 3D CGI based.
- Sound simulation is realistic.
- Offers wide variety of terrains.
- Can add environmental effects for training – Day, Night, Fog, Smoke, Rain etc.
- Training has been categorised into Basic Skills, Continuity Training and Advanced Training.
- Trainee faults can be identified online
- Extensive reports facility.
- Easy to operate.
- Turnkey solution.
- Comprehensive support.