Zen Artillery Forward Observers Simulator (Zen ArtyFOS) is a state-of-art product to train Observation Post Officers and Forward Observers of the Artillery and all other officers of combat wings of Army who may be required to direct fire Long Range indirect fire weapons like Mortars, Guns, Howitzers, Rockets and Missiles. The simulator is designed for guns/howitzers/gun-howitzers/mortars of 100mm to 160mm caliber of both Eastern and Western country origins. It has a switching mode for Degree-Minute, Mils (6000) and Mils (6400), depending on equipment profile.
The simulator has an Instructor Station and an Observation Post Officers Trainee Station. This artillery simulator facilitates engagement of target by a single gun to guns of a Brigade of Artillery. The simulator trains the trainees. It also has a module to train the trainers. This allows standardization of training all across the force. Artillery training, due to the logistics involved, is a cumbersome process. But this simulator cuts down logistics while ensuring ready-for-battle standards.
Zen Artillery Forward Observers Simulator trains Observation Post Officers in acquiring, engaging, neutralizing and destroying an enemy target. This simulator guides the trainees to plan, prepare and execute the sequence of firing. The Observation Post looks over the enemy whereas the guns are deployed in own territory.
A wide range of terrains have been provided to recreate the scenarios expected to be faced by trainees in actual war. It also enables trainees to shoot the gun applying different procedures. The training can be conducted round the year in a room of 20 ft x 25 ft.
Zen Artillery Forward Observers Simulator can create the effect of multitude of simultaneously applied environmental conditions, visibility, and ammunition with different fuses, combination of guns and fire units/batteries and firing procedures. The system works out precise trajectories of the gun selected and displays fall of a shot realistically. The fall of a shot is influenced by the yaw, drift, jump, bar pressure, wind speed and direction, ambient and charge temperature, battery height, dispersion zone and many other environmental conditions.
Artillery Forward Observers Simulator Key Features:
- Recreates field firing-ranges indoors
- Provides comprehensive training for Observation Post Officers
- Allows simultaneous application of multiple environmental effects
- Nine fire units can fire at a time
- Includes dispersion zone, meteorological conditions, shell-to-shell variations
- Displays ballistic trajectories and fall of a shot as in actual
- Has maps, binoculars, and aids to firing as in actual
- Has provision for obtaining magnetic bearing
- Contains adequate land marks/reference points for target indication.
- Includes wide choice of terrains with ‘to scale maps’ Optionally, specific 3D terrain view can be
constructed from digital maps provided by the user
- Produces numerous blast effects of artillery shells
- Sound simulation is realistic
- Provides various types of static and moving targets.
- A big database for storing target information
- Creates precise effects of different fuses
- Guides fire planning
- Allows data analysis and fault-finding at every stage
- Has zoom, look-around, recording, replay and retrieving facilities
- Capable of evaluating individual skills
- Can train trainers as well