Interactive Controls Familiarisation
- Instruments, indicators and gauges in gunner compartment
- Gunner’s Sight TPDK-1
- All gunnery related controls
Gunnery Drills & Procedures
- Manual & stab modes
- Ammunition selection APFSDS, HEAT, HE
- Manual and automatic loading of ammunition
- LRF operation
- Manual range setting for Main Gun, PKT machine gun
Target Acquisition & Engagement
- Manual/stab laying on target.
- Lasing of target/manual range setting.
- Manual/stab elevation correction.
- Lead off for moving targets.
- Firing of main gun/PKT machine gun.
- Target Designation mode (designated by Instructor).
The Zen Tank T-72 Gunnery Simulator is configured as a containerised simulator for easy transportation and easy start up. It can be provided as a fixed installation if desired. The simulator consists of the following major components:
- Instructor Station:
- Instructor operating console with multiple displays for trainee monitoring.
- Joystick for tank movement/target designation by Instructor.
- Intercom Unit.
- Computer systems rack.
- Power conditioning equipment.
- Motion platform control unit.
- Gunner Station:
- Gunner compartment mock-up
- Main Sight TPDK-1 mock-up
- OTW display system for view through Main Sight TPDK-1
- Gunner seat & foot rest
- All relevant controls
- Indicators, instruments and gauges
- Intercom Unit
- Motion Platform:
- Electric motion platform
- Provides realistic motion feel for firing at cant angles, firing from forward & reverse slopes.
- Realistic jerk on firing of main gun.
- 30 KVA, 3 Phase, 220 V Ph-N, 50Hz diesel generator set.
The following main software components of the ZEN T-72 GS work together to provide a reliable training environment for trainee gunners:
The Instructor Station software provides for all instructor functions through
- An intuitive, easy to use GUI.
- Display of turret compartment controls status.
- Session control
- Terrain/exercise selection.
- Insertion/removal of faults.
- Trainee records, performance evaluation and report generation.
- System health check
The Visual System software generates realistic visuals using
- Several 3D terrains including plains, desert etc
- 3D modeled targets, terrain objects and model library
- Fire back by active targets
- Environmental controls: ambient light as per time of day
- Sights Reticules for all sights
- Obscuration upon firing of main gun
- Realistic smoke and dust generation
- Realistic Target end effects
The Input/Output System software takes the trainee into the loop by
- Sensing all controls operations
- Provide all system interlocks
- Implement realistic mathematical models for various servo controlled stabilizer elements of the tank
- Implement realistic mathematical models for ballistics of the different ammunition used in the tank
- Generate output signals for all indicators, meters and gauges
- Generate motion cues
The Audio System software generates realistic aural inputs that the gunner hears while in the gunner compartment including battle noises, artillery shelling, firing of main gun and PKT etc.
The ZEN T-72 GS is designed for quick integration with the driving simulator for tank T-72 (ZEN T-72 DS). This allows for integrated training of the gunner and driver in combat situations.
The modular nature of all components of the ZEN T-72 GS allow immense flexibility and we offer customized simulators for all variants of gunner simulators for this series of armoured vehicles as well as for user specified vehicles or fire control system variants.
The ZEN T-72 GS is backed by more than 15 years of experience in development of simulators to meet operator-training needs for a wide range of weapon simulators and combat vehicle equipment simulators. The simulator is characterized by emphasis on essential training elements.
Our design, product engineering and after sales service assure users of a high MTBF and a low MTTR, in order that high simulator availability is ensured.